OCTOBER 14, 2016
Private: Content Strategist
As a Content Strategist, you will play a fundamental role with successful storytelling and content creation across digital channels to engage marketing practitioners and decision makers. This position requires superior content strategy, writing, editing, and knowledge of digital marketing as well as the ability to ensure successful delivery and measurement of thought leadership content.
This is an opportunity to make your mark for a high-growth company that is enjoying great success. We have fun and support one another to achieve top results in our march to humanize the customer experience in the Digital Commerce industry. We are a virtual company, which means you can live and work from anywhere in North America, provided you have a dedicated workspace with a reliable internet connection.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing you will be responsible for developing and executing content marketing programs across multiple channels; content that inspires, educates and engages our target audience. Content that tells our MarketLinc brand story. This role covers all aspects of creating and curating content. It spans all content forms including partner education, thought leadership viewpoints, infographics, blog posts, contributed articles, whitepapers, corporate collateral, ebooks, website copy, etc. You will collaborate closely with Sales, Business Development and Marketing to ensure efforts are integrated with demand generation, social media marketing, public relations, corporate communications, and all other downstream marketing efforts.
- Lead the development of a content strategy discipline within the Marketing department.
- Conduct editorial, QA and writing support for content development projects.
- Conduct research to understand emerging trends and technologies as well as identify unique content focused on digital marketers’ interests and expectations.
- Understand and provide recommendations for how content marketing can inform paid, earned, and owned media campaigns across channels.
- Create effective influencer strategies and assist with influencer outreach.
- Work with clients and partners to explore and identify ways to integrate social media and content marketing into business strategies and marketing campaigns.
- Optimize content within a content management system, such as WordPress, Sitecore, AEM, etc.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and/or relevant experience 3-5 years’ experience developing content strategies for a B2B or digital marketing vendor
- Naturally curious and comfortable with digital marketing technologies and associated taxonomy
- Possess a strong project management mindset and are regarded by others as extremely organized
- Working knowledge of content strategy, information architecture and UX principles
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Aptitude to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Extremely strong communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated experience and a passion for digital marketing in a B2B company or industry
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and juggle several assignments simultaneously
- Positive, professional team-player who embraces team success
- Clear communicator, who is able to deliver insights in an engaging, fresh, and impactful manner
- Has interest in what motivates people
- Must be positive, have ability to stay poised under pressure
- Operates efficiently and effectively given limited oversight
- Naturally treats others with respect
- Can successfully relate to, communicate and collaborate with various backgrounds and styles
- Proprietary thinking which attempt to evolve the general discourse of insights and strategy
HOW TO APPLY
- For more information about MarketLinc, please visit www.marketlinc.com
- You can apply by submitting your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please remember to quote Job Reference # CS-001.
- Initial interviews will be limited to applicants that most closely possess the above qualifications.
MarketLinc enables global brands to increase revenue up to 20% by humanizing digital commerce. We identify consumers who require more than a digital experience to maximize their purchase, can predict when and how they need sales assistance, and provide personalized human-to-human engagement at critical moments across the buying journey. All in real-time, and always pay for performance. Turn revenue lost into revenue lift by providing customer journeys with the MarketLinc human experience.
This job posting is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.