Do you want to be a true contributor toward building the technology initiatives for a unique and innovative business solution?
Has your experience led you to gain vast knowledge of cutting edge technology options and best practices for streamlining engineering projects?
Are you ready to put your stamp on the end-to-end solution architecture as a whole and push the limits of what leading technology can offer?
Are you hungry for a change? Do you want to break the mold by aligning with a company who leads the path with virtual operations and believes in what flexibility really means?
We believe there are places and times on a digital shopping journey where connecting shoppers with a customer-centric sales expert is the best way to build customer loyalty and create the best brand experience. With more than 25 years of industry expertise, we innovate with technology, fresh ideas, and world-class solutions to help our clients reach this goal.
We’re looking for a highly skilled and experienced professional to join our team as Solution Architect. In this role you’ll report to the CIO and work to build, design, implement, integrate, and optimize our technology products; creating scalable, innovative solutions that address client specific and market problems.
If you’re motivated to help us deliver technology initiatives, have a natural work ethic, and a deep understanding of software design and development, this could be the start of an amazing partnership.
Our solution is enabled through a collection of cloud based technologies required to deliver the comprehensive set of capabilities we offer to our clients: Salesforce, Interactive Intelligence, Python, Spark, Mongo DB, Postgres, Tableau, Web Analytics (Google or Site Catalyst), and our own custom application (Intelligent Live Chat) that is built on Salesforce and Heroku. This technology enables seamless management of the digital customer experience, from influencing the visitor’s web navigation on our clients’ sites, to connecting visitors with a knowledgeable Sales Agent to help them choose the right product and achieve their goal.
We’re a company that’s driven by results. Accomplishing great work can be demanding and challenging. That’s why we believe in flexible schedules and skipping long commutes to support balanced lifestyles. Our company is 100% virtual, which means you’ll operate from a dedicated home office workspace.
- A visionary who understands how various technology components need to be structured and packaged so that they fit within a larger solution platform and enable flexibility in a solution offering
- Self-motivated and ambitious with an unwavering drive to turn that vision into an actionable reality
- Inquisitive by nature with an analytical mind and insatiable desire to expand your knowledge into new areas
- Positive with the ability to work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines
- Most importantly you have ‘smarts’ and learn fast, with the ability to work independently toward set goals
WHAT WE’LL ASK OF YOU
- Participate in requirements gathering to help identify and prioritize solution requirements and select the most appropriate technology for the problem.
- Translate requirements into the architecture and design that will ultimately constitute the blueprint for the solution that will be used by the development team.
- Specify the architecture and design artifacts for all back-end and front-end components including database and application architecture, programming code tools, API, and all logical and physical processes.
- Lead development teams during the systems development life cycle; ensure buy-in so they are motivated to match the detailed design of the solution to the higher-level architecture.
- Provide guidance on design alternatives and their implications (function, cost, complexity etc.) to select the most appropriate design and communicate the architecture to project stakeholders.
- Align the solution architecture and design with our overall technology strategy and product roadmap.
- Oversee the solution design & delivery; drive activity and effort; ensure each engineering project is developed and tested as designed, and released into internal and external environments on time.
- Identify, manage, and communicate project risks, design changes, obstacles, status of work, and dependencies with business stakeholders.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Post-secondary education in Engineering or Computer Science
- A solution engineering background with specific experience in technology architecture and design and managing large programs that span multiple development teams
- Demonstrated and significant experience in building a large-scale packaged solution product for external sale
- Proficiency with executing customer-facing software development projects in Java and Python
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce platforms including Service Cloud, Live Agent, Einstein, Lightning, and Force.com
- Strong knowledge of structured and unstructured data and backend database infrastructure (SQL, MongoDB, Postgres)
- Familiarity with the integration of external systems including Marketing Automation, CRM, and Tag Management tools
- Knowledge of agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles
- Strong problem solving ability, communication, and interpersonal skills to drive the success of development teams
- Excellent planning and organization skills with attention to detail
- For more information about MarketLinc visit www.marketlinc.com
- Submit an application online or by email to email@example.com and quote Job Reference # SA-001
- Initial interviews will be limited to applicants that most closely possess the above qualifications
- This is an Independent Contractor role open to candidates residing in Canada